The torso bend is a warm-up exercise before any strength or cardio workout and is done to strengthen your abdominal muscles. The movement is simple in execution and does not require special training. It can be done at home as part of morning exercises at any age.
This exercise loads the external oblique abdominal muscles. With a good study with additional burden, they become noticeable, but for this you will need to go on a diet to remove the excess layer of fat (if any).
Attention! Bends alone do not burn fat on the sides. Without a diet, you will only increase your waist if you lean on this exercise, because the muscles will grow, and the thickness of the fat layer will remain unchanged.
- The legs are shoulder-width apart, the hands are on the belt, or one is on the belt, and the second is put behind the head.
- The shoulders are straightened, the hips are fixed, the lower back does not bend.
- Bend over to the right for 10-15 reps. The tilt is carried out with a tense press.
- Do 10-15 reps on the other side.
If it’s hard to tilt, you can do it on slightly bent legs.
The exercise cycle begins with 10-15 repetitions of inclinations in 3 sets. Over time, their number can be gradually increased. If it is necessary to increase the load, side bends are performed with dumbbells in hands.
Here, the load goes to a greater extent on the muscles of the rectus abdominis muscle, as well as on the buttocks and lower back. This exercise strengthens the spine and helps to stretch.
- Feet are shoulder-width apart, in the lower back – deflection.
- Lean forward with a tense press, trying to keep your back as straight as possible.
- Keep your fingers touching the floor. If this is not possible, then you do not need to round your back too much. It is better to bend your knees slightly and stretch to the maximum possible level, approaching the floor from day to day. Flexibility and stretching in the lower back will appear with regular training, over time it will be possible to reach the floor with your hands without bending your legs.
- The body must be returned to its original position with the muscles of the buttocks. To do this, push your heels to the floor. The muscles of the lower back should be relaxed.