Some statistics: Owen Harrison
Height: 5’10 ” – 178cm
Weight: 187 lbs – 85 kg
Some statistics: Lewis Harrison
Height: 5’10 ” – 178cm
Weight: 187 lbs – 85 kg
How did you get started in bodybuilding?
Owen: We were both born in a small town called Kendal, England. As boys, we have always played sports, so I think you can say that we were born for this.
Lewis: We didn’t get along very well when we were younger, we always fought like brothers, you know? Together we have played for the same football teams here in the UK at a high professional level.
We played in different positions and always yelled at each other during a match if one of us made a mistake or did something wrong. After graduating from school, I continued to play football professionally, although I felt that the hobby of my whole life was in something else. When my contract with the club ended, I took up individual training.
Owen: I graduated from high school and entered the Royal Marines, one of the best military units in the world. At the age of 17, I went through the hardest military course in the world.
I left the infantry in 2012 after serving four years and then became an individual instructor. We switched to fitness models three years ago with our first photo shoot together. Shortly after our first session, Muscle and Fitness contacted us to see if we wanted to film for them under our own unique brand. Since then we have been featured in national newspapers, celebrity magazines, fitness websites and even more fitness magazines in the UK and around the globe.
Lewis: Building the Harrison Twin brand was not easy, but we turned inside out to get to where we are in the industry today.
It looks like you two grew up to be small rivals. Does this apply to the gym?
Owen: There is a little bit of rivalry at times, which we think is good. It helps us push each other towards achieving our goals. In representing the twins’ brand, we both need to look very similar; such is the brand. Therefore, we need the same training plan and the same diet throughout the year to keep fit and look alike.
Lewis: The rivalry between us comes up when we train together. This attitude: “I will not let my brother defeat me,” comes from our youth.
I remember back in school, Owen always ran the 100m in competitions for our school; he was considered the fastest boy of our age at the time. I have always avoided the 100 meters and ran 400 meters for our school. In the last year, I wanted to run the 100 meters. I’m tired of 400 meters. I beat Owen in the 100m by 5 milliseconds, which infuriated him. As you can see, this little rivalry has been present in training since we were young teenagers and now in our resistance training.
There is nothing wrong. It’s always good when someone stimulates you.
What do you like best as twins in the fitness industry?
Owen: I really love the uniqueness of our brand. I believe that at the moment there is no one equal to us; it’s hard to find tattooed twins with 6-7% body fat! We are definitely different and we love it.
What do you think sets you apart from your twin?
Lewis: I prefer a more relaxed approach to life, but when it comes to our bodies, my chest protrudes more forward than his.
Owen: I guess my abs are better than his, although he probably won’t agree! I know his chest is bigger than mine; I will give him primacy in this! We are smart enough to understand that we are the same, and not to take ourselves too seriously.
What does your training process look like?
We always train together and do the same set of exercises.
A full range of training exercises:
- Bench press 4 x 8-10
- Dumbbell bench press with an incline 4 x 8-10
- Bench press guillotine 4 x 8-10
- Reduction of hands in the simulator while sitting (Chest machine – Superset) 4 x 8-10
- Swings in the simulator 4 x 8-10
- Dips (Superset) 4 sets to failure
- Wide grip push-ups 4 sets to failure
- Deadlift 4 x 8-10
- Hyperextension – back extension under its own weight 4 x 8-10
- Wide grip pull-ups 4 sets to failure
- Dumbbell Rows 4 x 8-10
- Pull of the upper block to the chest (Superset) 4 x 8-10
- Link arm top 4 x 8-10
- Pull down a high block or with a rope attachment 4 x 8-10
- Upright row forward bend, Smith machine 4 x 8-10
- Row of the T-bar 4 x 8-10
- Army press 4 x 10
- Breeding dumbbells to the sides while sitting (Superset) 6 x 10-12
- Lifting dumbbells in front of you while sitting 6 x 10-12
- Seated dumbbell breeding 4 x 10
- Arnold Press 4 x 10
- Barbell Squat (Superset) 4 x 10
- Leg Press 4 x 10
- Leg press 3 x 30
- Hack Squats 3 x 10
- Fixed squat machine with body weight 3 x 10
- Seated Leg Curl 4 x 10-12
- Deadlift on straight legs 4 x 10
- Standing hamstring flexion 4 x 10
- Leg Extension (Superset) 4 x 10
- Lying Leg Curl 4 x 10
- Standing Calf Raises 4 x 20
- Seated Calf Raises 4 x 20
- Lying Leg Raises 4 sets to failure
- Lifting the body on an incline bench 4 sets to failure
- Twisting in the simulator on the press 4 sets to failure
- Press crunches 4 sets to failure
- Exercise “21” with a barbell with an EZ-bar (Superset)
- Lifting dumbbells for biceps – curl of the arms, sitting 4 x 10
- Extension of arms lying with dumbbells (Superset) 4 x 10
- French Press with EZ-Bar 4 x 10
- Barbell Curl (straight bar) Superset 4 x 10
- Exercise for biceps “Hammer” 4 x 10
- Extension of arms on a block with a rope 4 x 10
- Dips 4 sets to failure
Do you guys follow a different diet or supplement?
Owen: “No, we are all the same. We built our brand on our “appearance” and similarity, and according to this we act.
What is your diet?
We alternate high-carb and low-carb foods to stay fit and never gain or lose weight. We are also on the same diet together, which we have developed for ourselves. So far, it has shown very good results.
- 1 Dish: 2 whole eggs, 2 egg whites, 1 spoonful of honey and 120 ml of water
after 1.5 hours – 2 tablespoons of whey protein and 120 ml of water
- 2 Meal: 2 scoops of whey, 1 banana and 150 ml of coconut milk
- 3 Platter: 200 g tuna and 2 tablespoons low fat mayonnaise
- Dish 4: Chicken breast – 155 g, 1 cup Kale collard, 1/2 cup mushrooms and 1/2 cup dried tomatoes
- Dish 5: Chicken Breast – 255 g, 100 g sweet potatoes and 1/4 cup green beans, seasoned with 1 scoop of whey protein and 120 ml water
- 6 Platter: 200 g tuna, 4 whole grain rice muffins, and 2 tablespoons low fat mayonnaise
When you decide to eat, you and your twin order the same thing?
Owen: Yes, most of the time we order the same meal. Our brand is all about the same look, so basically we eat the same thing too! If after the main course he orders a cake, then I order the same; this is usually how it happens!
Do you prefer to use HIIT training or just regular cardio training when trying to reduce the load?
Owen: Luckily we have good genetics and we rarely use cardio . We prefer HIIT training.
What supplements do you use?
Lewis: We only use the finest supplements. You need to be especially consistent with this part of your regimen in order to improve your fitness.
- Pre-Workout Stimulator
- L- Carnitine
- BCAA amino acids
- Fish fat
How do twins go on dates?
Owen: We’ve never actually double dated, so we don’t have a shocking story about a girl flirting with Lewis, mistaking him for me. We have different tattoos, so they kind of know who is who.
How do you entertain or relax outside of the fitness industry?
Lewis: I love watching movies and going to football matches. And we both enjoy hanging out or parties on special occasions with our close friends.